Guilded Purls

Friday, April 21, 2006

Buy Yarn Now!

Terry sent this along... It sounds remarkably like the reasoning one hears at a Friday night Yarn Geeks ;)

1. It insulates the cupboard where it is kept.

2. It keeps the economy moving. It is my patriotic duty to support
woolfarmers, textile mills, and yarn shops.

3. It is less expensive and more fun than psychiatric care. (my personal reasoning, most of the time)

4. I'm participating in a contest - the one who dies with the most
yarn wins!

5. It keeps without refrigeration, you don't have to cook it to
enjoy it, you never have to feed it, change it, wipe its nose or
walk it.

6. Because I'm worth it.

7. Like dust, it's good for protecting previously unprotected spaces
in the house, like the ironing board, the laundry basket, the dining
room table.

8. It's not immoral, illegal or fattening. It calms the nerves,
ratifies the soul, and makes me feel good.

9. Because it is on sale. Because that is such a beautiful colour...
I've never seen it before... I must have it.

10. Buy it now, before your husband retires and goes with you on all
your shopping expeditions. (Egad! What a thought!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home