Guilded Purls

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Site Feed

I made a technical change in the blog. Now you can be notified when the site is updated by any member. (I'm not sure if it will inform you about changes in the "comments" field, but certainly posts will get noted.)

The thing is, you have to make a few changes as well. You have to be willing to subscribe to Atom, which is an aggregating service. I'll probably add BlogLines, too, since technically it's a little easier to understand. I'm waiting for a confirming e-mail from them. In any case, once you subscribe, any sites that you've chosen to be part of your "feed" will roll across the top of your screen much like yahoo-news or google-news does.

You'll see a link called "site feed" off to the right of the screen. Start there and see if you like what happens. You can always go back to just checking the site periodically. And if you get stuck, well... you know where I work!

3 Comments:

  • There! It looks a lttle wonky, but it works. The link marked "site feed" is the Atom feed. The little yellow graphic is BlogLines. If you're unsure, start wih BlogLines. It's easier to understand.

    By Blogger Andrea Rusin, at 12:34 PM  

  • Yes, I know there's something wrong with the BlogLines feed. I've obviously done something wrong with the code and I'm staring right at it and can't see it. I have to give my brain a break, do some real work, and come back to this. Hang in there. I'll find it.

    By Blogger Andrea Rusin, at 7:29 AM  

  • HA! I got it. The Bloglines site feed works now. Have fun!

    By Blogger Andrea Rusin, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home