Guilded Purls

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Field Trip?




Nina's is a cute little yarn shop in a newly-trendy little neighborhood (Wicker Park) of Chicago. There's a sort of "hip-knitter" vibe to the store and the inside is quite lovely -sort of Zen. Wanna go check it out? I know THIS is a long shot, but if we wanted to go on a Monday, I'd be in Chicago anyway and could meet up with people at the shop. Then I could help drive people home.

Or.... you could go on a Thursday (I couldn't go, obviously), but then you could hook up with the Windy City Knitting Guild's knitting in public at Letizia's. I'm pretty sure it's the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month.

Or, we could acknowledge that people have jobs during the week and go on a weekend like normal people. The hours (the last time I drove by) are:

Sunday: 11-6
Monday: 12-8
Tuesday: closed
Wednesday -Friday: 11-7
Saturday: 11-6

Let me know what you want to do.

1 Comments:

  • 5:30 a.m.? You were blogging at 5:30 a.m??? That's just a couple hours after I went to sleep.

    Another idea: Make a tour of some yarnshops in the general area. I'd be interested in the one downtown, and maybe there are others. Can't remember where Wicker Park is... One place I was thinking of is Knitting Workshop (used to be Weavers Workshop) on Lincoln Avenue. The Windy City guild has a comprehensive list of Chicago-area shops--as I'm sure you know. I was going to recommend Arcadia, which I had heard about a while back, til I discovered that it's organized by color. Oh, well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home